View Single Post
Old 12-21-2010, 02:48 PM   #4 (permalink)
Nikkolai
Base Member

Drives: Boss 302, Frontier
Nikkolai is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SStuner02 View Post
Hey everyone,

I'm new to this site and new to japanese cars. I've owned 3 Camaros and a Cobra, so i'm familiar with V8 power not smaller engines pumping out 300+ hp.. Anyway, i'm considering getting into either a 370z or a 2009 Lancer Evolution however im still pretty fond of the way my 02 Z28 looks and all of its torque. It does lack control and refinement and its an auto. I'd rather have a tighter car with a stick. I'm considering the Evo because it seems to be pretty incredible in the Snow but it lacks a lot in the looks department. I think the 370z looks sexy and its probably pretty quick. What do you guys think about the Lancer Evo? Can you guys help me with this decision?
There aren't any 2009 Lancer Evolutions. They were made in 2008 and I think still kept it rolled over to 2009 and then they officially created a 2010 model.

Evo X:
Technicalities aside, the Evo X has a pretty weak clutch. If you want more power, forget the SST auto-manual transmission. It is a pretty heavy car at around 3500lbs. Lots of electronics going on, so if things break, look out. (A friend of mine with an 08 Evo X experience some electrical issues early on.) People complained about the turbo lag the Evo X has. Be warned that the manual version of the Evo X (GSR) is a 5 speed. Freeway driving at 80mph and the revs are pretty high. There are complaints of interior being cheaply made (A different friend of mine that owned a 2010 model had rattling issue after 1k miles.)

370Z:
Now, on to the 370Z. It is a bit lighter at around 3300lbs. You lose rear seats and trunk room. It is rear wheel drive, which you are accustomed to by now. It will feel very nimble and has decent amount of torque. The interior is way better and the cockpit gives you that pure sports car feel.

Performance:
I am talking strictly about potential. The Evo X will win hands down. Dollar for dollar and mod for mod, the Evo X is very hard to beat. It will cost a lot less to make the Evo more powerful. The all wheel drive system is a monster at tracks (but its electronic helps the driver out A LOT).
Nikkolai is offline   Reply With Quote