View Single Post
Old 12-21-2010, 01:11 PM   #7 (permalink)
worldfamousz
Base Member

Drives: mazdaspeed3
worldfamousz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffblue View Post
So i want to get an allignment done because i just switched from my summer setup (19x9.5 and 19x10.5) to my winter setup on the stock 18s (18x8 and 18x9) and i want to make sure everything is still good. The infiniti dealer my parents have their cars serviced at (and i've gone to a bunch for other cars) is offering 4 wheel laser allignments for 100 instead of 150 until the end of the year. i have BC Racing BR coilovers with an SPC rear camber kit. would there be any issue with them doing an allignment given that i have aftermarket suspension, or should i just go to a place that specializes in that sort of thing. could be a dumb question but i'm just curious
Every dealership has different outlooks on alignment with aftermarket suspension. do you have adjustable arms other than the rear? If not, they may not be able to do much adjustment to benefit you, or at least there is a chance they might not be able to adjust the toe and caster enough to benefit you. Make sure they have a tech who is somewhat knowledgeable with this.

also, make sure their rack is a type that your lowered car can get up on. Many Infiniti dealers use an older style rack that is raised, and the ramps are NOT lowered car friendly at all. Just FYI on this, as it might lead to potential damage that they may not cover etc...

If you can find a GTR certified dealership, that's the best way to go, because you'll get a tech who knows enough about higher end suspensions, and a flush in floor rack for the car to get onto

Too bad you're not out in Cali, we could take care of your needs.
worldfamousz is offline   Reply With Quote