View Single Post
Old 06-06-2009, 03:04 PM   #13 (permalink)
Chad68
Base Member

Drives: 2006 350Z
Chad68 is on a distinguished road

[QUOTE=rreign;85900]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad68 View Post
Ok now back on topic. 5 years ago I bought (regular width) Corbeau CR1's for my old Nissan PU. I was going to get rid of the factory bench seat and use the CR1's. Everything was great but the seat was too narrow in the kidney/rib cage area for my big ***. I ended up selling them brand new for about half what I paid for the seats and sliders.QUOTE]

Thanks for all the info bro. That's pretty much the exact thing I was looking for in experiences, so on and so forth. Two questions though... how big are you? I'm 6' and about 160lbs and I was thinking the standard size would work out just fine for my build because the width in the shoulders is like 19" or so. That might even be a little snug for me. Would you suggest doing the CR1 but the wide version?

Rep point for info by the way.
Best thing would be try to find a dealer in your area and see if they have one in stock. I'm 6 foot as well but weigh about 240. I would imagine you would fit perfectlly fine in the regular CR1 size. You can't possibly have love handles at 160lbs and 6 foot LOL

Only thing you might need to worry about is how high you will sit in the car. There is a 4x4 place where I live and they had a Corbeau LG1 and some other non Corbeau seats on display. Just for the hell of it I sat in the LG1 and thought wow this must be the wide version because I more or less fit ok. Good enough fit that I would have put them in my Z though not that style of seat. I asked the guy if this was the wide version and he said no it's the regular. Always the chance he may had been wrong. If I had a tape measure i could have compaired it to Corbeau's spec sheet.

One last thing is some people have had issues with the wide versions of their seats touching the door panel and or trans hump. Again I think you would be fine in the regular version anyway.

I have seen other pics of the microfiber seats and they do look pretty nice.

One reason why I was thinking about wide A4's is because somebody already had them in his 350Z with no problems fitting. Of course he apparently wrecked his car, sold or scrapped it and left the boards, so I couldn't get more details from him.

By the way the guy with those Cobra seats. Those are in my top 3 favorite looking seats. Nice choice!

Last edited by Chad68; 06-06-2009 at 03:08 PM.
Chad68 is offline   Reply With Quote