View Single Post
Old 06-06-2009, 02:53 PM   #1 (permalink)
Portlis
Base Member

Drives: 370z, Black, Sport
Portlis is on a distinguished road
Default Question for you more experienced car owners.

So, I'm highly considering getting a 370z. Its the best looking car for the price on the market, and I'm sick of my current semi slow little 2004 Mazda 3.

With that said, i've got a couple questions on a few of the extra features.

I'm interested in keeping cost as reasonable as possible, and the closer I can keep it to the 30-32k range the more likely I am to actually buy it.

I definitely want one with the rear spoiler, but I see that there appears to be 2 different ways to get one. Either the sports package or the aerodynamics package.

Can someone who actually understands the technical stuff explain in simple terms to a sports car newbie why I want the extra stuff that comes in the sports package? Why is it worth an extra 2 grand to me? I understand the larger wheels, but does it really make that big of a difference in terms of appearance?

If it makes any difference, I'm also only looking at the auto transmission (yea, sue me... I'm a lazy driver )

Also, I've never driven a rear wheel drive car in the winter. I live in Minnesota, so that's definitely going to be an obstacle for me. How big of a difference is it? I realize its just a matter of where the weight distribution is, but is it an issue I should really worry about?

Thanks in advance!
Portlis is offline   Reply With Quote