View Single Post
Old 06-06-2009, 01:45 PM   #1 (permalink)
cotizi
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2012 VW GTI 6MT
cotizi has a reputation beyond reputecotizi has a reputation beyond reputecotizi has a reputation beyond reputecotizi has a reputation beyond reputecotizi has a reputation beyond reputecotizi has a reputation beyond reputecotizi has a reputation beyond reputecotizi has a reputation beyond reputecotizi has a reputation beyond reputecotizi has a reputation beyond reputecotizi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Tire help! Need suggestions.

Today I found a large nail in the sidewall area of the back left tire, which NTB says can't be patched. I don't have any type of coverage on the tire, so I'm considering replacing just the rear tires.

NTB quoted the stock tires (Sport Package Potenza) at $301.99 each to replace with the same tires as before.

In the future I'd love to take the car to the track (haven't yet), and I do want to replace the wheels/tires eventually with maybe forgestar f14's and was looking into Nitto NT05 or INVO tires. He wasn't able to quote me any kind of price on the nitto's.... so im looking for suggestions on what kind of tire I should use, and what might be a little future proof.

I'm very new to the whole tire/wheel thing so any help would be great!