View Single Post
Old 12-20-2010, 09:26 AM   #12 (permalink)
theDreamer
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370z
theDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImportConvert View Post
Why?
Because it's heavy as heck compared to a large-displacement V8 and doesn't make any more power and gets worse mileage?
Are we comparing the LS7 here?
Because the GT-R (R35) gets 15/21 and the LS7 gets 15/23 I believe, wow.

Also, the weight factor is in the XX difference which is very minor considering the GT-R is loaded with extra piping for its TT kit. Throw in some extra money on using lighter material and the VR38 is perfect.

On the topic of the 2012 370z, I expect no real changes. I think Nissan is trying to figure out what to do with the car. Does it want to make the first sub 40k electric sports car? Do they want to go all out, since the GT-R just got a nice power bump it gives room for the Z to have closer to 350-400HP from factory now.
theDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote