View Single Post
Old 12-20-2010, 01:19 AM   #3 (permalink)
wolf370z
Base Member

Drives: 09 370z red m6
wolf370z will become famous soon enough

I have a feeling that either:

A) Nissan is going to produce a few more years of the 370z at most without much change. The reason why, in my opinion, is the fact that it really doesn't have any competition. What other sports cars can be had in the $30k-$35k price range? Unless you're looking at a "performance car" (like the Mustang/Camaro, etc) but is not strictly a sports car then I guess that's competition. But to be honest, that's comparing a sports car to a muscle car. I think Nissan is going to take advantage of that.

B) Nissan is going to rework it's little sports car to be geared a little more towards performance in order to be more competitive against similar "performance vehicles" in the price range. I'm talking like upping the displacement (4.0L v8?). What I'd like to see (but comes with an obvious $ difference) is a 400zx. Essentially a call back to the 300zx, except this time around offering a small displacement v8 (4.0L) and offering NA and twin turbo versions.

OR they could use a more aggressively tuned/built NA 5.6L v8, an engine they have already developed and being sold in their M56 and QX56 models. I would imagine that it could produce ~450 flywheel horsepower, outpowering the Mustang and Camaro and hopefully they could keep the weight down (3400 lbs maybe?) I'm sure a lot of people want an even lighter Z than the 370z but let's be serious. The 300zx was heavy, why not the 420zx or 560z?

I really wish Nissan would consider moving in this direction, possibly making it a tad more expensive, and then introducing a very entry level sports car (revival of the 240sx?) with possibly a turbo'd 4 cylinder for the environmentally concerned buyer and an NA v6 (possibly the VQ35 or VQ37?) for the people who want a bit more performance and less gas mileage.

I think Nissan could approach this a number of ways but I'm confident change WILL happen by 2014.