View Single Post
Old 12-19-2010, 03:32 PM   #44 (permalink)
DocMaggot
Base Member

Drives: 10 370Z PW M6
DocMaggot is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsolin01 View Post
In the grand scheme of things, those extra miles aren't really going to matter much but still complain and see what they can offer you as compensation.

It sucks though... it's like buying a used mattress, yea it's clean now but you don't really know what kind of nasty things were done on there... it's more of a psychological thing than anything else. You want to be the first person to have fun with the car, to plant your flag and it sucks finding out someone else got there before you did. I am still talking about cars... I think...

I think this response resonates best with me. I don't like making trouble for anyone -particularly around Holiday time- so I had to choose between bitching loud and being philosophical about it.

Ultimately the GM called to apologize. He said the confused foreigner who'd been given my car to register and deliver had driven the car to a DMV in my state, found he had papers missing, drove back to dealership in Brockton MA, then back to DMV in Norwich CT, and from there to my house just 30 minutes away -that last leg took 1.5 hours.
And so arrived just before nightfall and needed to hit me for $20 to get back to the dealership 90 miles away.

Adding this up we still found nearly 90 miles unaccounted for since I'd bought the car 3 days before.

The GM was "embarassed" and offered me an extended warranty as an apology. I'm really not looking for several pieces of silver, but I drive my Z's just 3-4K miles a year and turn then in after 3 years... I've never had much use for the even the standard warranty's protection.

I said "Look man, at least you see that this was so wrong and you're apologizing, but as for recompense, I've got to leave it up to you."

Today I got a follow up call from Nissan USA - standard practice - asking if "everything went smoothly with my new 370Z purchase?"

The lady seemed nice so I told her the whole story (and there were several more false steps than I've bothered to recount).

I actually believed I could hear her head spinning.

It did me a world of good to vent my anger. It'd be nice if there were some recompense to come out of it, but it is wonderfully revitalizing to have had the sympathetic ear of someone who *just perhaps* will kick this story upstairs- where it belongs, IMO.

Thanks for all the interest fellas!
DocMaggot is offline   Reply With Quote