View Single Post
Old 12-19-2010, 09:18 AM   #28 (permalink)
sarmyth
Base Member

Drives: 370z Roadster
sarmyth is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirkster View Post
I installed them this weekend. 6 hours and 4 minutes total install time not counting the hour that I spent running to Sears to buy a couple of new tools for the ones I broke trying to get the 19mm nut off of the strut.

Got a chance to drive it on Saturday night but it was 35° and raining. So not much driving. it was only 1/4 inch lower than stock so I decided that was not low enough as I was looking for an inch. So I spent an hour and a half and lowered it another 3/4 of and inch now it is perfect.

Today it was finally dry, cold but dry. So I did some semi spirited driving on my favorite roads. All I have to say is :yum::yum::yum:

It is firm without being jarring. It absorbs all the bumps with no issues or bad behaviors that I have been able to detect so far. All the issues that I had with the way the rear end behaved are GONE.

This is by far the best mod you can do if you want a car that handles much much better than stock. Scott knows what he is doing with the suspension setup for sure...
Couldnt agree more. I went the nismo route myself along with some h&r spacers and I can't say enough about the improvement. The car is much more sorted; perfectly damped without being harsh.

Looked to the nismo units initally as I did not wanted a significant drop. They failed in that regard(lost a bit more than an inch) but the springs and dampers are perfectly matched and with the wheels spaced out, the car just looks mean.

And I am an owner with both the top tearing and driverside rubbing issue(dealer advised to wait til spring to let nissan come up with a proper fix, if I didn't mind the wait) and absolutely love the car. Because nissan is taking care of the issue i'd buy again in a heartbeat. Mechanicaly the car is a joy as soon as you ditch the roadsters floaty suspension and more importantly the horrible factory exhaust. When stock it does a convincing imitation of a prius(really not kidding). A quick call to fast intentions will fix that nicely though.

Enjoy the purchase.

:happydance:

Last edited by sarmyth; 12-19-2010 at 09:22 AM.
sarmyth is offline   Reply With Quote