View Single Post
Old 12-18-2010, 11:26 AM   #1 (permalink)
Hugoneus
Base Member

Drives: 2010 370z T+S+N 6MT
Hugoneus is on a distinguished road
Default So pulled over for the first time...

Last week I got pulled over for the first time. I was coming back from dinner with my gf, she had drank a lot and since I was driving, I had nothing to drink.

She was babbling something about inter-species mating habits, specifically she was asking should a snake and porcupine ever mate, would they produce barbed wire as babies?! FML.

Anyhow, I was going 80 on a 65, in the left lane. I see a cop hidden and I knew it was too late. I kept on looking out of rear view mirror and I could see the shape of a cop car following me. In the midst of looking back, I actually almost drove off the highway! FML!!

A minute or two later, he puts his siren on and I pull to the side. I turn the car off. Put my keys on the dash (like that makes a difference in the Z), turn the cabin lights on, and in the meanwhile my gf is saying how pretty the flashing red/blue lights are. FML!

He comes over, I pull down the window and he says: "How are you doing tonight?" I say I am fine. He then says: "I pulled you over for three reasons, you were doing 80 on a 65, driving in the left pass-only lane, and you almost drove off the highway". I say, I understand. Then he says, "Have you been drinking sir?" I say, no officer. Then he asks "Well, when you opened the window, I can smell the alcohol!" I say, it must be from my gf who drank at dinner. He then says, "Ok, can you please follow this pen for me with your eyes without moving your head?" I say sure. He moves his pen back and forth and I follow it like a ******* EAGLE I tell ya! He then says: "Alright sir, you have a good night and slow down!"

Phew! He was very polite and very nice. Thank god that my first experience pulling over was a positive one.