Thread: Kids n 370s
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2010, 02:25 PM   #136 (permalink)
wolf370z
Base Member

Drives: 09 370z red m6
wolf370z will become famous soon enough

I think there are some valid points made in this discussion. However, this once again follows with the whole "younger people are worse drivers" blanket statement. Honestly, I have see more 40 year old women with SUV's do TWENTY TIMES more stupid crap than I've seen kids pull in a car. In fact, someone I know drives an older Maxima and he took a left and crossed over a median just to get where he needed to go. It doesn't matter how old you are or what you drive, there are plenty of older people and younger people who drive like morons.

However, I will say that driving experience and education is a far more accurate way to decide on how well a person can drive. Obviously the more experience you have driving correctly and intelligently, will generally dictate how well you can drive. Now you may argue that with age comes experience... yes... but that doesn't help if you can't use that experience to your advantage. Also, taking safe driving courses and HPDE are beneficial to your driving ability. I honestly see nothing wrong with giving a kid (even highschool age) a 370z if they can prove that they can respect the car and will learn how to drive responsibly and SHOW they can drive responsibly AND they either are taught by their parent(s) how to drive safely or even taking safe driver's education (defensive driving education).

I may be biased but my 370z was a graduation present and I've owned it for a year now. Guess what? It's still in one piece, it hasn't been wrecked, there's not even a small door ding in the car. Why? Because I respect the car and drive sensibly. Yes, I give the car a little gas when no one's around and only when I'm in a SAFE, CONTROLLED environment. No, I don't street race, no I don't drift in parking lots, no I don't pull stupid stunts. No I don't trash talk, no I don't think I'm awesome, but I do appreciate and love my car and it's going to be with me for years to come!

It's nice to see such a good car community really come together despite age and life experience differences and diversity and all respect and love the 370z... there are far too many car communities out there that just turn me off...

Last edited by wolf370z; 12-17-2010 at 02:27 PM.