View Single Post
Old 06-05-2009, 03:58 PM   #60 (permalink)
spearfish25
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: to work
spearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to spearfish25

Quote:
Originally Posted by semtex View Post
Speaking of PR -- this could be a coup for a competitor. Take Hyundai, for example. Start a commercial showing a clock about to hit 5pm, with the narrator saying something like: "At Hyundai, we enjoy playing with the other kids on the block at the end of the day." Then the minute hand ticks over to 5pm, they pan to a 370Z and Genesis Coupe carving up some mountain roads, tails hanging out around curves, etc., just two drivers having a blast. Then the narrator says: "Unfortunately, some kids have early curfews." Immediately pan to a shot of the Z coasting in limp-mode, then pan to a shot of the oil temp gauge pegged at 280, and the Z's clock reading 5:20.

I love it. I'm writing a letter to my three top car mags tonight. While I've enjoyed the great reviews of my car, it's time to let Nissan know they have to please their consumers...they can't have their cake and eat it too (neglect to install a cooler but then not allow us to install one). The quality control engineer who I spoke with was quite frustrated about the negative PR they had gotten and that was 3 weeks ago. Clearly, this will be the way to fight the battle from here on out.

Yes, 95% of the time my car is fine on the street. The other 5% of street driving is hot but no limp mode. It's not the dead of summer yet, but it's coming. My one track experience was limited by engine temps all day while all the other production cars on the track had no problems. It's downright embarrassing...it's only fair Nissan gets to answer for their enthusiast sportscar that can only perform under grocery store run conditions.
spearfish25 is offline   Reply With Quote