Thread: Advice Needed
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2010, 05:28 AM   #6 (permalink)
Jessobear
Base Member

Drives: '10 370Z Tour/Sp M6
Jessobear will become famous soon enough

My advice is to complain less and take their three months of free detailing service. The dealership's technicians screwed up and the dealership is trying to do whatever they can to make you happy. As someone who does sales for a living, I hate it when we ship a product that fails or our techs mess something up, but it happens. We do whatever we can to correct the problem and hope that the customer appreciates that we want to make it right and keeps coming back to us for future business.

Being a jerk about it gets you absolutely nothing. If they're scrambling to make it right and then you take their free stuff and are still a jerk, believe me you'll be way worse off. Bring your car in with a modification? Sorry, modified car, warranty voided.

I just lost a $77k sale yesterday because of things my company messed up that were outside of my control. I'd spent hours of my time doing all sorts of stuff for this customer that she would have normally had to pay for and it still didn't matter. But now that she gave a sale that I've been working on for a year and a half to my competitor, guess what's going to happen the next time she calls me?
Jessobear is offline   Reply With Quote