View Single Post
Old 12-16-2010, 11:04 PM   #111 (permalink)
antennahead
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '07 Z4 "M" Roadster
antennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cab83_750 View Post
In all honesty and full disclosure, I paid $29K, cash, before taxes. The car is just a base with aero-package ($600.00) The only thing that the car needs at the present time would be new tires. I figured that if I get $23K (+ $1,000 in tires), my actual trade in is $24K.

Might be bad mathematics as I am excluding taxes, but I figure that my actual selling price is $25,000.00 (self-justification )
Yea, the good news is the cars are holding their own so far as used book values go, but the reality is if you negotiate well, you can get a new one for the same price as retail used. If you are happy with the deal I'd go for it. You could always ask for a little more and back down if they won't budge.

Oh, and I happen to love the Caymen S. A good friend of mine had one, before the recession caused a downturn in his business. They are great cars. I think the 370 is a better bang for the buck, and he agreed as well. I think the way to go is a mint low mileage used Caymen S, let someone else take the depreciation and get a good deal.

Last edited by antennahead; 12-16-2010 at 11:07 PM.
antennahead is offline   Reply With Quote