View Single Post
Old 06-05-2009, 01:20 PM   #14 (permalink)
boltnut55
Base Member

Drives: Waiting for my Z
boltnut55 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwj370 View Post
Tell me, When I was younger I wanted a RX7 and when to see it alone, the salesman told me when my husband came back with me we could test drive it!
By the end of the day I had my new car from a different dealer, had to drop back by and let the salesman know not to wait on my husband to come by! Ha that was fun!
Back in 1994, when we were all 28-30 years old, my BFF was car shopping, so my husband and I went with her. The first sales guy initially told us he wouldn't let us test drive the car... it was a Nissan Sentra - hello! The next dealer told my BFF to bring her dad next time! She probably made at least twice as much as her dad! Yeah, we didn't buy from them.

Thanks to everyone who already posted. Seems like it depends on what type of salesperson I get. I think my plan will be to tell him upfront that I'll be spending a few minutes just sitting in the car, checking for ergonomics stuff, then telling him what I want to get out of the test drive. Wow, the 2 hours, overnight stuff would be great. In reality, you do need more than a 15 minute test drive! It's a $30K+ commitment!

Last edited by boltnut55; 06-05-2009 at 01:23 PM.
boltnut55 is offline   Reply With Quote