View Single Post
Old 12-16-2010, 04:21 PM   #84 (permalink)
Jeffblue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Z32TT & 335xi Coupe
Jeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenchan View Post
my z is stock height and i have PLENTLY of clearance to get the hydraulic jack under to the side jack point. i use a block ontop of the jack's platform so that the weight is not on the railing that runs along the side of the car.

then just raise the car a little bit (usually tires can stay on the ground) until you can get the second jack under the front brace. some folks use 2x4's or low profile ramps and drive onto it to get more clearance for the front jack point. that works great too, but kind of a hassle imho. then use your jack stands at the factory jack points. for the rear just use the diff.

i use this for my knees.

Knee Pleaser - Specialty Tools - Tools - Griot's Garage
when i was almost done, i found an old kick board from when i was really young and learning how to swim hah, i used that on my knees and it was great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisSlicks View Post
My car is lowered about the same as yours Jeff and it clears no problem. The aluminum jacks are nice because you can easily pick them up without giving yourself a hernia.
well i definitely want something that is a one shot deal. i have been jacking up my car to get it onto a second jack for the past 7 months and i can't stand it anymore.
Jeffblue is offline   Reply With Quote