View Single Post
Old 12-16-2010, 04:12 PM   #219 (permalink)
IDZRVIT
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '13 CTS-V, '76 Vette
IDZRVIT has a reputation beyond reputeIDZRVIT has a reputation beyond reputeIDZRVIT has a reputation beyond reputeIDZRVIT has a reputation beyond reputeIDZRVIT has a reputation beyond reputeIDZRVIT has a reputation beyond reputeIDZRVIT has a reputation beyond reputeIDZRVIT has a reputation beyond reputeIDZRVIT has a reputation beyond reputeIDZRVIT has a reputation beyond reputeIDZRVIT has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by onzedge View Post
So, I think that I may have an issue with oil consumption. At 12,400 miles now on the car, I am using about 1.25 to 1.50 quarts per 3,000 miles. I just started using the "measure the dipstick" method as specified in the TSB so I am not yet sure about my consumption against the chart in the TSB.

I am a bit concerned though about warranty. I have changed the oil 4 times so far -- the first change was performed at the dealer (at 2,000) and the other three by me. Nissan Ester was used the first two and Redline 5-30 the second two. Oh yes, I also change the filter at the same time as oil (K&N or PureOne). Is there going to be a problem, warranty-wise, because I performed my own oil changes?

I also have a GTM Motorsports 19 row oil cooler installed.

I appreciate your comments. Thanks and have a great day.
You don't have an oil consumption issue.
IDZRVIT is offline   Reply With Quote