View Single Post
Old 12-16-2010, 03:53 PM   #82 (permalink)
kenchan
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: N/A
kenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffblue View Post
do you have much clearance under your car? i guess i'll have to go home and measure mine. i might buy something from sears or w/e because the shipping on a lot of these jacks is pretty expensive b/c they are heavy

thanks although i must say, my knees hurt...but not too bad. was just pretty exhausting since i did it at the same time as swapping wheels for winter, and since my car was lowered i had to use the roadside jack to fit my other jack underneath.
my z is stock height and i have PLENTLY of clearance to get the hydraulic jack under to the side jack point. i use a block ontop of the jack's platform so that the weight is not on the railing that runs along the side of the car.

then just raise the car a little bit (usually tires can stay on the ground) until you can get the second jack under the front brace. some folks use 2x4's or low profile ramps and drive onto it to get more clearance for the front jack point. that works great too, but kind of a hassle imho. then use your jack stands at the factory jack points. for the rear just use the diff.

i use this for my knees.

Knee Pleaser - Specialty Tools - Tools - Griot's Garage
kenchan is offline   Reply With Quote