View Single Post
Old 06-05-2009, 12:17 PM   #20 (permalink)
Modshack
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370Z Sport
Modshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by spearfish25 View Post
The problem with the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act is that you may still have a long, drawn-out battle to finally get things to work in your favor. Nissan can deny your warranty claim on any grounds they choose, and then you're stuck fighting the denial in court. I've heard from my dealer that they've submitted warranty claims to Nissan that have been refused by corporate on the grounds that an aftermarket part was 'connected' to the component that failed. With that rationale, the oil cooler is connected to the entire car (and certainly the engine), so your warranty is in jeopardy until you fight it out in court.

The law is one thing, Reality another. Spearfish is right. PROVE IT! on your dime BTW....

Steal my car! (SOLD)...Now Porsche Cayman S
Oil Cooler DIY: Here!
Modshack is offline   Reply With Quote