View Single Post
Old 12-16-2010, 02:42 PM   #31 (permalink)
Sharif@Forged
The370Z.com Sponsor

Drives: 2009 GT-R, 2010 370Z
Sharif@Forged will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by VQinside View Post
I called you guys for an estimate on stud replacement spacers install and it was 4 times the price I got from my shop guy. I know you guys are the experts on this but its only spacers, I would do it myself it I had the tools and patience.
Nobody was quoted 4 hrs labor for bolt on stud replacement spacers. In most cases, spacers that have built in studs are not even charged shop time as we are usually doing other things with the car that require a lift and wheels off.

I don't recognize your screename, but if you want to PM me your real name, and I will check with my staff and see if they put together an estimate or have some notes in the system.

If you were quoted multiple hours like that, perhaps it was pro style studs that require the removal of the OEM studs, and the longer studs are draw through the hub. Depending on the length of the stud, removal of the hub is also required. Most spacers, like Eibach and H&R come in both version. Ones with the studs built in, and one where the studs are separate.

We try to be as competitive as possible with pricing, and to distinguish ourselves with high levels of customer service and expertise. Apples to apples, you're going to find a great overall value here. I can't tell you how many of our customers have my personal cell phone, and have texted or called me on Sunday at 9pm with a question...and I reply right away. I've come in on Sunday by myself and physically opened the shop to help someone need. We never stop over here, if someone has a question or something they want to chat about.

Z1 and Forged have a good relationship, and like they said, check out both shops and you all can make a decision for yourselves.

Speaking of which, the monthly G/Z meet at Perimeter is this Sunday at 3pm. If anyone wants to meet up, we'll be at the shop at 2:00pm for staging.
Cobb ProTuner, Uprev ECU Flash, FCON Vpro, Haltech, Motec Certified
Sharif@Forged is offline   Reply With Quote