View Single Post
Old 12-16-2010, 10:09 AM   #5 (permalink)
pokeyl
Track Member

Drives: ???
pokeyl has a reputation beyond reputepokeyl has a reputation beyond reputepokeyl has a reputation beyond reputepokeyl has a reputation beyond reputepokeyl has a reputation beyond reputepokeyl has a reputation beyond reputepokeyl has a reputation beyond reputepokeyl has a reputation beyond reputepokeyl has a reputation beyond reputepokeyl has a reputation beyond reputepokeyl has a reputation beyond repute

I would think if the tuner can remap the rate the VVEL comes in at so lift stays the same at a given RPM, up to 6-7K, then allow the extra lift only above this point.

It would be easy to see if there is any gain. Just a dyno run before, then ajust and run again. Without custom control of VVEL I would expect to see a loss in power down low. and an increase up top.

The piont were you start the increase would be were the custom tune would start to use the extra lift. Brfore that you would want to stay with stock lifts. I'm sure the VVEL is more then just RPM. We may find that the extra lift only builds power past 7K on the way to say 8 or 8.5.

It will take lot of dyno time to sort out, but all other item aside, if the engine makes 268 RWHP at 7k and you go to 8, without the power roll off we have now, you would be 300 RWHP at 8K. That would be a nice gain from ajusting intake screws and a tune!!!
pokeyl is offline   Reply With Quote