View Single Post
Old 12-16-2010, 07:55 AM   #93 (permalink)
Hi-Step'n370Z
Enthusiast Member

Drives: '10ZR S/B AT Tour NV
Hi-Step'n370Z has a reputation beyond reputeHi-Step'n370Z has a reputation beyond reputeHi-Step'n370Z has a reputation beyond reputeHi-Step'n370Z has a reputation beyond reputeHi-Step'n370Z has a reputation beyond reputeHi-Step'n370Z has a reputation beyond reputeHi-Step'n370Z has a reputation beyond reputeHi-Step'n370Z has a reputation beyond reputeHi-Step'n370Z has a reputation beyond reputeHi-Step'n370Z has a reputation beyond reputeHi-Step'n370Z has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhp3 View Post
I don't have a roadster, but I've followed this issue with great interest and have empathy for those of you having these significant problems with essentially brand new and quite costly autos. As a retired attorney, i believe this is a problem which seriously impairs the value of what you bought, not to mention the headaches and frustration of having to deal with a manufacturer and some dealerships not living up to their legal obligations under federal and probably most state laws. If you are not completely satisfied by your treatment and the results of your efforts to have this handled responsibly by Nissan and its dealers, I strongly recommend you consult with an attorney who specializes in consumer rights (hopefully with a focus on auto claims) to make sure you don't waive or otherwise adversely affect your legal rights under state or federal law. I promise you Nissan is getting legal advice and guidance as to how to avoid liability for this and minimize its economic costs to fix a problem that it is clearly responsible for.
Thank you for stepping in with your expertise.

I think that the main thing here is to be sure that; "you don't waive or otherwise adversely affect your legal rights under state or federal law."

Sometimes fighting these type of battles can fatigue a person to the point of settling, or giving up all together, especially when they're in that David and Goliath type of fight.

As jhp points out, for all who become affected by this top tear issue, remember; you do have legal rights. Keep your head, stick to it and don't give up until you are satisfied. This IS a very serious issue and needs to be treated as such.

As much as it appears that Nissan and their Dealers are doing all they can to resolve this issue, you need to remember jhp's advise should you run into trouble with them down the road.

Thanks again jhp for your concern.
Hi-Step'n370Z is offline   Reply With Quote