View Single Post
Old 12-16-2010, 02:02 AM   #9 (permalink)
ImportConvert
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2019 CX5 GT Reserve
ImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayYoon View Post
So check this out guys. I bought my Z last day of june of 2010. So I had the car for less than 6 months. Recently I was getting very frustrated because I thought when a good driver drives a manual car your supposed feel like your driving an automatic car as in can't feel anything when gears are changing. Well it wasn't the case for me, if I were to really try, yeah i can almost make it feel like an automatic but on regular basis I felt the gears shifting...

So I felt as I was just a bad manual driver....

For black friday my friend asked me if I wanted to drive his 3000gt because he so tired. And I was so scared because I have been driving my Z for about 6 months and I felt as though I wasn't driving good enough. I asked myself "HOW THE **** AM I SUPPOSED TO DRIVE OTHER PEOPLES CAR?!?!" But still I drove his car.

I was shocked!!!

His car was 10000x easier to drive then my car.

Since the owner of 3000gt was very experience manual driver, I told him to drive my Z. Even though he was very experience he stalled many times. LOL!

He said since 370z has lots of horse power, its bit difficult to drive compared to regular cars.

Do you guys agree with this?

Is 370z a difficult manual car to drive? compared to regular cars?

lol after this incident I feel like I am 10x better driver ^_^;;
I stalled the 370Z when I drove it a few times. The clutch is pretty grabby but offers little to no feed-back and the car produces very little torque. This makes it hard to take off in normal driving, compared to some other cars.

Was it especially difficult? No, you just need to get a feel for the clutch as it doesn't give you much to go on. On/Off and vague. Transmission shifted very easy/smooth. I loved that part of my test drive.

Last edited by ImportConvert; 12-16-2010 at 02:13 AM.
ImportConvert is offline   Reply With Quote