View Single Post
Old 06-05-2009, 10:41 AM   #38 (permalink)
Rans
Base Member

Drives: 1911 Hupmobile
Rans is on a distinguished road

Here's my .02:

New York/New Jersey has both the best and the worst. The best are here because they've had to work so long and so hard to avoid the stupidity of the worst! Here in NJ where I work, I hear them complain about Eastern Pa. being worse than NJ, but the reality is that the vast majority of Pa drivers commuting in NJ are recent residents of NJ that moved west to save $$ (housing market in NJ is RIDICULUS!)

Perhaps because I've been driving in NJ for so long I don't find it so horrible, maybe I've become one of them? I've never live in NJ.....I found some of the worst drivers in Conneticut and Massachusetts, but the winner in my book is the Rt 19 area of western Florida around Tampa where all the old bad NY and NJ drivers have retired and added decrepitness to their driving resumes. They are absolutely frightening!!

I've lived in London and Brussels, driven in both, as well as many of the major cities in Europe. Paris and Rome are probably the worst. Worse than ANYTHING here in the States. Besides all the testosterone infused frustrated Formula 1 drivers on the road, there are Citroen 2CV (Deux Chavoix or 2 horses for the 2 French Horsepower they deliver) and DAK's (first mass produced variable transmission) which are driven by idiots by nature, and mopeds which a another special European curse!
Rans is offline   Reply With Quote