Thread: Kids n 370s
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2010, 10:16 PM   #10 (permalink)
chops
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: NA
chops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by radek7633 View Post
Well Mr.Smith...15 years ago, 40G adjusting for inflation would be more like 80 today, (if we use minimum wage as a benchmark). Lets talk in real terms not nominal, firstly.

Second, I have graduated from two programs... Marketing, a Honours Economics degree and I am entering into an Advance Quantitative Econometrics Post Graduate (MA) program, so I have been working as a teaching assistant and research assistant at McMaster University for the last four years saving up for the 370.

I started saving up for this so long ago that originally I wanted a 350. If you read my post properly, I alienate kids (minors) that get their cars bought for them, not those that work hard and save up. Please don't single me out just because you didn't have the grades to work within your faculty as an undergrad or even have the grades to get work right out of school.

The point I was making that rich brats that get their cars handed to them don't appreciate them as much as the people who worked for them.

Aside: if 15 years ago you graduated as an engineer, you must be 37-38, and you are only driving a 370z? you must not be very good at your job =(
not trying to defend the other guy, but...take it easy buddy. 40k adjusted for inflation would be more like 50-55k. inflation has not been 100% in 15 years (i dont care if you use minimum wage as a benchmark, everyone knows minimum wage is not an accurate indicator of squat, aside from how little we can pay highschool students for crap work). as an economics graduate you'd figure you wouldnt exaggerate so much...actually i take that back. thats all economics is

and lets leave the personal attacks out of this. im no where near 37, in fact im quite younger, but you dont go attacking a guy just because he drives the same car as you, and is older. you dont have any idea what his finances/circumstances are. hell...this could be his daily driver, and he has a 997 in the garage. get a clue buddy