Thread: Kids n 370s
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2010, 10:04 PM   #9 (permalink)
radek7633
Base Member

Drives: 09 Nissan 370 M6 Sp.
radek7633 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianMSmith View Post
You are a kid! When I was 26 I sure as hell could not afford a $40k car, and I was fresh out of a top engineering school. That was 15 years ago.
Well Mr.Smith...15 years ago, 40G adjusting for inflation would be more like 80 today, (if we use minimum wage as a benchmark). Lets talk in real terms not nominal, firstly.

Second, I have graduated from two programs... Marketing, a Honours Economics degree and I am entering into an Advance Quantitative Econometrics Post Graduate (MA) program, so I have been working as a teaching assistant and research assistant at McMaster University for the last four years saving up for the 370.

I started saving up for this so long ago that originally I wanted a 350. If you read my post properly, I alienate kids (minors) that get their cars bought for them, not those that work hard and save up. Please don't single me out just because you didn't have the grades to work within your faculty as an undergrad or even have the grades to get work right out of school.

The point I was making that rich brats that get their cars handed to them don't appreciate them as much as the people who worked for them.

Aside: if 15 years ago you graduated as an engineer, you must be 37-38, and you are only driving a 370z? you must not be very good at your job =(