View Single Post
Old 06-05-2009, 10:11 AM   #74 (permalink)
Darkaeon
Base Member

Drives: 09 370Z Silver/AT
Darkaeon is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phimosis View Post
On your fastest run, 4/13/09 @ 8:53 pm, the DA was 389. Your ET of 13.341 @102.889 would correct to 13.333@102.859. Convert that to a 3100 DA that we had on our last track day (5/29/09) and it would be an ET/trap speed of 13.85 seconds @ 98.9 mph, which would universally be considered slow in this forum. hot track in low humidity = slow track.
So now my time is considered slow because I did it in favorable weather conditions? Thats a bit of nonsense if you ask me! Also your looking up a DA of the time when I posted the splits at 8:50 at night, not when I actually made the pass which was early afternoon closer to 1-2 pm in the middle of the heat/humidity of the day. Not to jump on ya, but you don't take a good time on a good day and turn around and convert it to a slower time in less than favorable conditions. If anything it should be the other way around. I mean yes it sux, but you don't discredit someones posted times because they were fortunate to have good weather at the time of their runs. Weather conditions do make all the difference in the world, this is true, thats why we got a few HR's with 13.1 times even, but hey a timed run is a timed run is a timed run, if you were lucky to have favorable conditions on your side that day, more power to ya, sorry to those that don't tho! But don't discredit someone else's times.
Darkaeon is offline   Reply With Quote