View Single Post
Old 12-15-2010, 11:54 AM   #12 (permalink)
Slem
Base Member

Drives: 10 370Z
Slem is on a distinguished road

Def take your car to the dealer if you're having the stuck throttle issue. Not that they'll be able to fix it but maybe it'll get the really high level engineers involved!

Talked to the service guys yeaterday. The "service engine soon" is a known issue with the 370's...so I'm told. The regional reps are saying that they've had a lot of reports of this light coming on for no reason. It's a "firmware" issue they're working on. My service guys seem to think that the light is tied to the stuck throttle/cold start issue but thats just theory. No one is really sure and they're not saying anything concrete.

ChrisSlicks...I thought the same thing about the pedal module. One of the times I was talking to service I mentioned this as a possible problem as well as it possibly being an S-mode issue. He had the same thoughts and checked both of those components and found no issues with either of them...ops normal. And in my issue hitting the brakes doesn't do anything. I mean the brakes engage and the cars slows but the motor still revs. Kinda like power launching an auto trans car or braking and gassing at the same time.

A friend of mine that I play hockey with is a lobbyist for the new car dealerships for the state of NM. I talked to him about my issue. He was on the front lines of the Toyota debacle. He in turn talked to the dealership owner who in turn talked to Nissan Corporate. The wheels are turning and there is high level interest in this car but they don't seem to have a solution for my issue...other then getting me out of this car.

So my wife named the car Christine (if you remember that movie) and I have nicknamed the car IRobot.
Slem is offline   Reply With Quote