Thread: snow time
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2010, 08:48 AM   #12 (permalink)
Cunnos
Base Member

Drives: 2010 370z 40th anniv
Cunnos is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by sojirovskensi View Post
I am living in Texas, but I have some possibility moving to North/East where there will be snowing a lot.
How do you handle snow?
I think even if you put on snow tires, it won't be as safe as AWD.
Should I consider trade-in for EvoX?
It depends where you will be living. If you are living in or around a city you might be able to get around with snow tires, but if you are doing more than just driving around town I would consider getting a second car ( or perhaps something besides the 370z). I've lived in the Northeast all my life and there are to many factors that play into the "should I drive my Z in the winter". Here in Boston we can get anything from 2-3 inches to 12 and above. That being said, our cars are really light and when the road is cold with slush and ice, guess what, you barely have any control. This is especially true if you are driving on the back roads or highway driving at high speeds, its just not worth it. When you live in the Northeast you have to prepare for bad driving conditions (mainly because our weather meteorologist suck) so having a sports car gives you very little options when you look outside your window at work at 5pm and theirs six inches of snow on the ground. If you are moving to the Northeast, especially in the suburbs or above Mass, like NH or VT, get a four wheel drive or AWD and you wont have to worry about anything. Or you can just get a second car. Hope this helps
Cunnos is offline   Reply With Quote