Thread: snow time
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2010, 02:16 AM   #6 (permalink)
ChrisSlicks
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 370Z Sport M6
ChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond repute

Good info and links from ZedZed.

Just as a perspective I live in the North East, I put snow tires on all my Winter vehicles. All my cars are RWD, with the exception of one which is FWD which I hate driving in the Winter. I don't drive the Z in the Winter but that is purely to save it from the salt, if it were my only car I would have no problem driving it through the Winter with snow tires, I would just wash it regularly.

Just remember AWD doesn't do squat for braking, it's all about the tire. They typically keep the roads plowed pretty well up here, it's only the very heavy storms that they get behind and you'll find some back roads with 3-4 inches of accumulation.