View Single Post
Old 12-14-2010, 02:04 PM   #60 (permalink)
gaveup
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 10 Nissan 370Z MB M6
gaveup has a reputation beyond reputegaveup has a reputation beyond reputegaveup has a reputation beyond reputegaveup has a reputation beyond reputegaveup has a reputation beyond reputegaveup has a reputation beyond reputegaveup has a reputation beyond reputegaveup has a reputation beyond reputegaveup has a reputation beyond reputegaveup has a reputation beyond reputegaveup has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by corner3garage View Post
XXR are an outsourced brand. The quality is nothing near that of Rays, Advan, weds, or bbs, but the price is not up there either. Personally I have seen rims break and I wouldn't use them.
I've seen volks break as well.

I'm not here to start any sort of forum argument. I'm just saying, for a daily driven car these cheaper wheels are not bad and give you the look you want for a decent price point. I'd say for what the MAJORITY of people on this site use their cars for these knockoff wheels will work just fine.

My (personal!) main problem with buying $3k+ wheels is this:

They are just as easy to steal as a cheap wheel no one cares about. Wheel locks, alarm, etc...it doesn't matter. A thief will steal volks long LONG LONG before he even considers a brand such as Rota.

When I had rotas on my old WRX, no one tried anything. I had zero worries about someone grabbing them. My roomate has BBS LM's on his S2000 and is terrified to leave it somewhere unmonitored for a while. Same with my other roomate when he bought Advan RG-IIs for his S2000.

Said S2000 on RG-II's was stolen from my driveway a week later and he was out the cost of those shiny new pricey wheels. It happens, I know, but it happens a lot more in South Florida I guess.

In the end it boils down to what a person likes, wants and can afford. I would never look down on anyone for getting knockoff wheels, nor would I call a person rolling around on Volks an idiot for spending so much. If the end result looks good, who gives a ****?
gaveup is offline   Reply With Quote