View Single Post
Old 06-05-2009, 01:15 AM   #216 (permalink)
BerkTech
The370Z.com Sponsor

Drives: Lots....
BerkTech has a reputation beyond reputeBerkTech has a reputation beyond reputeBerkTech has a reputation beyond reputeBerkTech has a reputation beyond reputeBerkTech has a reputation beyond reputeBerkTech has a reputation beyond reputeBerkTech has a reputation beyond reputeBerkTech has a reputation beyond reputeBerkTech has a reputation beyond reputeBerkTech has a reputation beyond reputeBerkTech has a reputation beyond repute

Hi guys, sorry that we haven't had an update in a while. We got very busy here with round 2 of Time Attack this past weekend.

We'll try to answer some of the questions that have been posted here as best we can.

1. PRICE???? The MSRP of this exhaust will fall in the $1000-1400. I can't say for certain so I'm giving myself some buffer room, hence the somewhat wide range. The 370Z exhaust is essentially two single exhausts. If we made a single it would have a street price of around $600-700, hence my target.

2. H Pipe vs. X-pipe

The H pipe designs are typically made only for improvements in sound. They do very little for flow once you are over 4-5K RPM. The small cross over tubes simply aren't large enough to bleed the pressure over to the other side of the quiet exhaust. X-pipes enlarge the actual cross section of the exhaust pipe and assist in exhaust scavenging. It's very easy to incorporate an H-pipe design into our existing Ypipe so if we need to pursue that route then it can be done!

Thanks guys, and until next time Double Down should have prototype #1 in their hands for some 3rd party testing.

While the others type fast... Berk Technology goes fast.... See you at the track!
OUR NEW PHONE NUMBER: (714) 546-BERK
READ THE BERK BLOG HERE
BerkTech is offline   Reply With Quote