View Single Post
Old 12-14-2010, 12:03 PM   #81 (permalink)
ChrisSlicks
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 370Z Sport M6
ChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by I want a Z View Post
if you made $150k you would buy a $250k car.
I definitely wouldn't, very bad debt load even if single. About the highest that is financial sound is 50% of your gross income. Obviously you could go higher if you have very little in the way of expenses and are good at saving money. The more you make the more your wife seems to spend so cash in the pocket doesn't directly go up. I usually squirrel away my end of year bonus and use part of it to fund the year's track expenses, some mods etc, and use the rest to pay down debt or invest.