View Single Post
Old 12-14-2010, 11:56 AM   #4 (permalink)
daisuke149
My *** is famous!

Drives: 2013 Boss 302 PW
daisuke149 has a reputation beyond reputedaisuke149 has a reputation beyond reputedaisuke149 has a reputation beyond reputedaisuke149 has a reputation beyond reputedaisuke149 has a reputation beyond reputedaisuke149 has a reputation beyond reputedaisuke149 has a reputation beyond reputedaisuke149 has a reputation beyond reputedaisuke149 has a reputation beyond reputedaisuke149 has a reputation beyond reputedaisuke149 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to daisuke149

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slem View Post
Thanks for the reply Tav.

The first go around the dealer had the car for about 2 weeks. It threw no codes and everything functioned properly. Except for the acceleration issue. No "check engine" lights, codes or anything. Nissan saw that it wasn't a made up story or a dysfunctional driver since the car recreated this prob in from of 3 of their service reps.

This is what the service guys found. After calling the Nissan engineers several times they concluded that the ECM was bad. They put the old ECM in a freezer and tested it with every 5 degree or so drop in temp. At around 30 degrees the ECM started "tripping." I can't say exactly what it did, the only info they would give me is that at 30 degrees it did not perform normally. They had a new one flown in Friday. They kept it overnight and the car functioned normally for them. I picked it up Sat and drove it with no issues. Sunday morning I went to work at 6AM. It was 32 degrees outside. The Z functioned normally until 6-8 minutes had elapsed. Then the stuck throttle started again. It tached at 4 grand and stayed. I upshifted and the car accelerated. Not just a little bump in gas. It started accelerating towards 5 and 6 grand. I Clutched it, tapped the gas and it went to idle. I continued driving but it kept doing it. Stopped at a light and remembered something the service rep said. At a full stop I put it in reverse for a second. Then went to 1st and continued driving. The problem went away. The next day I was going to work at 5AM and it was 31 outside. The problem happened again so I pulled over to the side of the road and calmed her down. De-selected S-mode and the problem went away. Cept noe the "service engine soon" light was on. Dropped it off at Nissan yesterday. When they hooked up the car they found no codes.

I guess they're stumped. The car is drawing A LOT of attention from Nissan for obvious reasons. They said something yesterday about flying a few engineers in analyze the car. They said this is the 1st reported case of this worldwide.

So, if your cruising the Z be careful and observant if the outside air temp approaches 30 degrees F!
are you sure they didnt just put a toyota engine/ecu in your car???

just kidding

keep us informed man. As you said you may be the first case of this and perhaps not the last so info = nice.
daisuke149 is offline   Reply With Quote