View Single Post
Old 12-14-2010, 01:05 AM   #34 (permalink)
Mont
Base Member

Drives: '10 370Z NISMO
Mont is on a distinguished road

I have been searching the forum for posts on this issue for a while. Addressing your issue first, the first video isn't that bad, but the second one would make me not want to drive the car at all. I am experiencing a rattle, not so much a raspy noise, and I've noticed it more on deaccel'. I believe I heard it a little on your first video.

Now on to my issue. I had the Berk HFC's, and the Injen cai's installed in Aug. I didn't notice the rattle immediately after the install, but it grew after I put a few miles on the parts. I figured it needed some break in time, and decided to take the car on a trip through a few states. Although I thouroughly enjoyed bonding with my new toy the noise had only grown worse by the end of the trip. If I was disgusted by the noise from the inside I can only imagine how it sounded to the group of onlookers who'd gather around my car outside of a hotel as I drove off. I'm sure it wasn't the symphonic orchestra. Anyways I have decided to remove the parts when I return, and go FI. If I have to deal with aggravating noises I'd rather have more power.

Hopefully you're able to solve your issues, and pass the word along to the others dealing with similar problems. Good luck.
Mont is offline   Reply With Quote