View Single Post
Old 12-13-2010, 10:36 PM   #31 (permalink)
Jeffblue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Z32TT & 335xi Coupe
Jeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior370z View Post
I had a noise somewhere toward the rear end when I installed my coilovers. I was stupid to what the noise was. I first though it was the top shock mounts in the rear, then I thought it was the shock itself. I checked and rechecked but everything was tight. What I discovered was that the foam fill in for the spare and stuff was the culprit. I know it sounds insane, but when I stuffed a rag to snug everything up back the the noise stopped. I removed my spare so the passenger side foam insert was loose and rattled while I drove. My shock are set somewhat stiff so it rattled quite a bit. It doesn't hurt to check that. I keep the rag there for now until I figure something else out. Carpet back there cover it up anyway. Hope this helps.
thanks, i will try that out tomorrow morning. i'm kind of intimidated by the adjustment of the preload since i only have a small jack and jackstands. it will probably take me 4 times as long to do one adjustment then it would at a shop with a lift. the place i bought the coilovers from is going to help me try and fix it, i'm gonna swing by there tomorrow
Jeffblue is offline   Reply With Quote