View Single Post
Old 12-13-2010, 10:08 PM   #2 (permalink)
toner123
Track Member

Drives: TT 370z Touring/SP
toner123 has a spectacular aura abouttoner123 has a spectacular aura abouttoner123 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to toner123

Quote:
Originally Posted by sojirovskensi View Post
for those who are interested in FI or have done FI, I have a question for you.

1. Did you know that you would go for the FI eventually when you determined to get a Z?
2. What are the advantages getting 370z TT/SC instead of Evo/Sti's cheap HP upgrade?

I bought my Z 3 months ago, and I have just realized that it costs way more money to go FI route for n/a car. I was not a car guy
Many of my friends suggest me to trade in my car for EvoX and do some turbo upgrade if I have money to go for TT/SC for my Z because even if I lose my money on trade-in, EvoX will be much faster.
What do you think about it?

BTW, my goal is to have 400+.
answers
1: No actully I never had the intention to go FI untill i joined this forum(you bastards) I actully did about 6 months of research before I bought my Z. I did research on all cars that I could afford, from sti, mustang, evo. Every comparison i did the 370z had more pros then all them. I have always wanted a Turbo car but i couldn't have been ignorant to actual facts in front of me and all the vehical reviews.

2:Alot of this has to be reviews read and all. To sum it up. 370z looks better and interior is nicer the evo, and STI. Also bang for buck 370>all. TT wise or S/C you get to keep all that and have the top performance you want. From my understanding and reading if you upgrade the turbo's on the evo and the STI you are very limited since the engine saposably can't handle that. We have Z running around on this board pushing over 500 whp and they have been doing it for a little while now. We are starting to learn on this forum that the engines in these cars are built very well and are handling abuse like a champ. In all reality this has to be your decision in what you want. If i was to do it all over again i would do it in a heart beat. If i didnt have the money to do it and I had to buy a car for just the fact of a turbo then i wouldn't have purchased it. TT on my car though always brings a smile to my face and when it comes to getting next to other people, I love how they weren't expecting to hear my blow off valve go off. I hope this helps but once again this is mainly a decision on what you want to do.
Frank
toner123 is offline   Reply With Quote