View Single Post
Old 12-13-2010, 06:14 PM   #13 (permalink)
SAM@GTM
NOT AN ACTIVE SPONSOR. DO NOT BUY

Drives: 370Z
SAM@GTM is a splendid one to beholdSAM@GTM is a splendid one to beholdSAM@GTM is a splendid one to beholdSAM@GTM is a splendid one to beholdSAM@GTM is a splendid one to beholdSAM@GTM is a splendid one to beholdSAM@GTM is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYBladeZ View Post
It depends how far Sam has progressed on the "upper stages" of the s/c. I've made good numbers with LTH's and straight pipes thus far, I'm sure once he gets the head unit for the kit to flow enough to maintain 6-8psi while continuing to be efficient and make power I'd say we could probably get around 450hp/~400tq figures.
Maintaing boost press has nothing to do with head unit (the supercharger) this is a 100% accurate information and here is why..

With the same Supercharger same pulley size that we are making 8 psi with on a VQ37VHR and making roughly 410-420 rwhp, take same setup configuration and install it on a VQ35HR engine and you will make 14 psi and roughly 475 to 487 RWHP ( we have done it ). Why ?

One engine has VVEL and the other does not.

Our stage 1 supercharger kit is sized perfectly to this engine and that is why we are getting the great torque curve and power that we are getting, Now if you ask me how can we increase the boost pressure on a stage 1 ...simple answer control The VVEL witch we are about to do that here shortly.

We just started the testing phase.

Sam
SAM@GTM is offline   Reply With Quote