View Single Post
Old 12-13-2010, 05:04 PM   #56 (permalink)
Liquid_G
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 370z Supercharged
Liquid_G has a reputation beyond reputeLiquid_G has a reputation beyond reputeLiquid_G has a reputation beyond reputeLiquid_G has a reputation beyond reputeLiquid_G has a reputation beyond reputeLiquid_G has a reputation beyond reputeLiquid_G has a reputation beyond reputeLiquid_G has a reputation beyond reputeLiquid_G has a reputation beyond reputeLiquid_G has a reputation beyond reputeLiquid_G has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaveup View Post
The only people that bitch about "fake" wheels are the people who buy new "original" wheels and are salty because someone got the same look as they did for WAY cheaper.

Honestly, I think everyone here would love TE37's right? However, they aren't cheap at all. Many say "save up a little bit and get the real wheels because you'll regret it later". Save up a little bit? Seriously?

Let's be honest here, the amount you would need to save up isn't just a "little bit" now is it? I can get a set of rota grids 18x9(2) and 18x10(2) shipped to my door for around $1000.

Are Volk TE37's just a little bit more? Let's go to vivid racing and price it out:
Sub-Total: $3,398.58
-------------------------------------
Handling Fee: $10.00
Sub-Total: $3,398.58
Vivid Racing Shipping (1 x 92.4lbs) (Ground): $90.28
Total: $3,498.86
-------------------------------------

How is $2,500 just saving a little bit more?

I understand where a lot of people are coming from with hating on rotas or xxrs or whatever, but to sit here and say they are "low quality crap wheels" is just someone trying to justify their purchase. Are they better (lighter, higher quality)? Yes. Should you be an elitist ******* and look down on someone who wanted the look for cheaper? No.

I'm only bumping this thread because I can't stand the kids that act all high and mighty because they have "superior" wheels. Some people just can't see dropping 10% of their cars sticker price on wheels, don't hate them for it.
you couldn't be more wrong.. It's not about hating on someone because of "LOL ROTAS".. Its about supporting a company that puts the time and money into making an original design. And not supporting a company that blatantly steals that design. Buying cheap knock-offs hurts the industry.

There are other options besides buying new Volks at 3500-4000 a set.. Used wheels can be had for a much better price.. or **** even look at Enkei wheels.. They aren't in the same category as Rays wheels (forged) but they are a quality wheel that is original and not a blatant knock offs.