View Single Post
Old 12-12-2010, 10:25 AM   #48 (permalink)
Zsteve
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: the 2 balled club
Zsteve is a splendid one to beholdZsteve is a splendid one to beholdZsteve is a splendid one to beholdZsteve is a splendid one to beholdZsteve is a splendid one to beholdZsteve is a splendid one to beholdZsteve is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImportConvert View Post
The 'vette is marketed toward a demographic that makes well over 6-figures a year. Hell, the average WS6/SS F-body customer made around 70K a year from what I recall. Those were 90's dollars, too, lol.

A lot of those guys are older, and have bought/sold many 'vettes previously. The younger ones are usually military and ratholed their money instead of burning it on bitches and booze. Or really dedicated guys like me who live small and put 1/3 of their gross income into a savings account until we scrape up 20% down or so and get the bank to take us on.
This is true. The vette forum is kinda boring and alot of them old guys dont beleive in modding the car or going over the speed limit. Why buy a 430 hp/427tq car and not use it? Some get the Z06 and never use the power. Alot have paid cash for thier cars too. Most are retired military officers who can be stuck up. My dad was an officer and of course with 21 yrs in the army Ive seen some stuck up officers, and some good ones too. But I think most got the vette as a status quo thing. Not me I wanted the power.