View Single Post
Old 12-11-2010, 12:34 PM   #33 (permalink)
chops
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: NA
chops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BalanBro View Post
Does is make that noise on decel too? I have an aftermarket exhaust and I get it too, but more noticeably when i let off the gas and coast.

I'm starting to think it may be eminating from the flex pipe (the walls might be really thin to allow it to bend). Does the OEM Nismo exhaust have flex joints up front too?
yes there are flex joints right basically right after the stock exhaust connects to the cat's. i have been under the car while it was on and there WAS a rattling noise coming from the flex joint area, but i fixed that (theres some heatshields a few inches down from the flex joints and i found some small pebbles in between the shields and the pipes).

im hoping to get under the car again today to see if i can bend any heatshields (as well as fix a CEL issue with some steel wool) which may be causing that rasp, but we shall see...going under the car while warm is pretty damn scary haha
chops is offline   Reply With Quote