Thread: Test Driving?
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2009, 03:13 PM   #10 (permalink)
khtso
Base Member

Drives: 2009 370Z
khtso is on a distinguished road

It totally depends on the dealer. I had a really crappy experience at one dealer when buying my 370. They claimed that they usually make people fill out paperwork when driving the 370 and that it was "Nissan's Policy" on this car. They gave me an exception though, but the salesman had to drive it off the lot and then we would switch at some parking lot nearby. The salesman hardly knew how to drive a stick shift and was jerking it all over the place. When I finally got to drive he let me take it around the block once. He also kept asking me why I didn't want the Touring model (ie: "is it because it is too expensive?" "can you not afford it?" etc.). Mind you, I can, and not only that I was in work clothes so I was wearing a suit, and not dressed like a bum. MAJOR turn off.

It made me so happy when the sales guy called me a week later, to tell him I went to another dealership and bought it. That was by far the worst experience I have ever had at a car dealership. What makes it worse though, is that the bad dealership is like a mile from my house. The place I bought my car is about 55 miles away.
khtso is offline   Reply With Quote