View Single Post
Old 12-10-2010, 10:02 AM   #12 (permalink)
G Fo12ce
Premium Member

Drives: Sold!
G Fo12ce has a reputation beyond reputeG Fo12ce has a reputation beyond reputeG Fo12ce has a reputation beyond reputeG Fo12ce has a reputation beyond reputeG Fo12ce has a reputation beyond reputeG Fo12ce has a reputation beyond reputeG Fo12ce has a reputation beyond reputeG Fo12ce has a reputation beyond reputeG Fo12ce has a reputation beyond reputeG Fo12ce has a reputation beyond reputeG Fo12ce has a reputation beyond repute

I had Continental Conti-Sport Contact 2's on my Volks on the G35 and Evo I had. Liked them a lot. They were the stock tires on my M3 as well.

My stock Yokohama's (Nismo) are getting low on tread especially out back. I did a comparison on TireRack of some of the brands and popular models I like and kept coming back to that new Conti-Extreme Contact also. It rates quieter than any of the tires I checked. Something new I've had to consider with the noise in these cars. The grip is up there with the best and I believe they were the lightest of all and by pounds compared to the Bridgestones. I remeber the Contact 2 was a light tire also.

I'm thinking it's a good choice and probably what I'll get too.

And this is just an observation but I remeber looking at my Conti's and looking at other people tires of the same size in other brands and they seemed to have a smaller side profile. Not sure if I'm describing that right, but like comparing a tire that looks like it has a small stretch versus a squared wider side wall look. It may help if you have an aggeressive wheel fitment. I remeber the Volks on my G just barely clearing and being glad the Contact 2 was shaped how it was. Hopefully that design is the same on the new Extreme.

Last edited by G Fo12ce; 12-10-2010 at 10:07 AM.
G Fo12ce is offline   Reply With Quote