View Single Post
Old 12-10-2010, 09:14 AM   #89 (permalink)
ProfessorDave
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: In the fairway
ProfessorDave has much to be proud ofProfessorDave has much to be proud ofProfessorDave has much to be proud ofProfessorDave has much to be proud ofProfessorDave has much to be proud ofProfessorDave has much to be proud ofProfessorDave has much to be proud ofProfessorDave has much to be proud ofProfessorDave has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdl99 View Post
I wasn't certain so I thought I would go take my car to pieces and the switch looks be exactly the same. Did you meter in situ?

Looking at the switch

1 2
5 6

It looks to me like 2 and 6 are the illumination circuit and if measured in situ that would explain the lower voltage

3 is +12V from relay feed for heated seats
1 goes positive in one position (1 and 3 being connected)
4 goes positive in the other position (3 and 4 being connected)
5 is ground use to illuminate the position 1 and 2 lights based on position of switch

and obviously in the central position 3 isn't connected to either 1 or 4
This is a great thread guys, and it makes me wish I had Nav! I don't mean to thread jack (as I am trying to figure out the wiring of the heated seat switch for another purpose), but am wondering if anyone has confirmed the above diagram? I'm a rookie with a multimeter (although I have a helper, my daughter's boyfriend who is a car audio nut), but it seems to me (us) that:
1=positive to high position
2=illumination of high pilot light
3=power from 12v source
4=positive to low posotion
5=8v illum from "headlights on" source
6=illumination of low pilot light

Anyone able to confirm or correct this?
Thanks

Rain, snow, sleet, hail: 2009 Mazda 3 sGT HB
Everything else: 2009 370z, PW Touring 6MT
ProfessorDave is offline   Reply With Quote