View Single Post
Old 12-09-2010, 08:53 PM   #87 (permalink)
~KD~
Base Member

Drives: 71 240z
~KD~ is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeZ View Post
Of course you do. You live in OK. That would be half the state. LOL

I really think its a cultural thing. I really think its a west coast/ west side of the country thing. I dont know more than 5 people that dont have a tattoo. I do believe the way you present them or dont is a bigger tell of the persons station in life
I would have to aggree with you. I travel around the states for work and sorry to say but the eastern states definately have their share of lame tattoo's on lower class individuals. Im not going to go into specifics but I once saw a guy in his 20's with a tattoo of Kernel Sanders and underneeth it read; "im to drunk to taste this chicken" which is from the movie taladega nights. Ill admit I thought it was funny as hell when I saw it but then I couldn't stop asking myself why would someone get that tattoo'd on them?

The west coast seems to have better artists, and alot more people who will put alot more thought and creativity into their choice in ink work. It's also just more popular and socially acceptable IMO. I have full sleeves and whenever I step out of California people look at me like im ten seconds from cutting their throat and taking their wallet. I don't exactly have the friendliest looking tattoo's but you would think people could tell the difference between a good tattoo artist and something you would recieve in prison.

I think the shark armpit is good work and a creative concept. Other than that it dosn't really do it for me. It shouldn't be included in the regret list mainly because of it's location on the body. The only time someone might get a good gaze at that would most likely be during sex...then you get the nice suprise of a shark...with a crying baby in it's moulth. A tattoo someone would regret is one you have to look at everyday in the mirror and have people look at you like your a complete failure to society.

Sorry for the rant. These are just my opinions and does not apply in all cases.

...and by the way, can we please stop calling tattoo's "tats". I don't know about you guys but this word is generally used by someone with little to no tattoo work who is trying to sound "cool" and it makes me want to punch babies
~KD~ is offline   Reply With Quote