View Single Post
Old 06-03-2009, 10:29 PM   #1 (permalink)
LiquidZ
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Mag. Black 2009 370Z
LiquidZ has a reputation beyond reputeLiquidZ has a reputation beyond reputeLiquidZ has a reputation beyond reputeLiquidZ has a reputation beyond reputeLiquidZ has a reputation beyond reputeLiquidZ has a reputation beyond reputeLiquidZ has a reputation beyond reputeLiquidZ has a reputation beyond reputeLiquidZ has a reputation beyond reputeLiquidZ has a reputation beyond reputeLiquidZ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Is there anything else besides camber that we need to worry about after lowering?

I come from the Mustang world where lowering the car caused a lot of the suspension geometry to be out of whack. Various part manufacturers sold various links, arms, ball joints, etc. to get the car's suspension geometry back in line to further optimize handling. This included roll centers, and other terms I'm not so familiar with.

I have never owned a Z before, so I am a little too unfamiliar with how the suspension geometry changes after lowering. Obviously, the camber changes, and camber arms (or other adjustable arms) are a quick, easy, and effective fix. However, what about the rest of the car? Is there anything else out there that we need to be worried about besides just camber when lowering the car? If there is, do we know of any aftermarket components that can fix them?