View Single Post
Old 12-08-2010, 02:54 AM   #55 (permalink)
ImportConvert
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2019 CX5 GT Reserve
ImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montez View Post
I'm with you, no more brand new cars for me either....I'm letting the other man take that hit!
...and he is letting you take the headache.

I have always bought used cars, and all but one of them ended up sucking. I would encourage someone to buy late in the year and get a good deal. used cars are just cars that someone else didn't want, or was too irresponsible to afford once they got (do you want that person's car?), or in rarer circumstances had to give up due to family/medical/financial circumstances outside their control, in which case, it's a good car probably, but you won't discover what happened until after you buy it and it sucks (or not). The dealership always has a glamour story about the last owner.

Seriously, how many people post up saying "should I take the cam out before trading in?" or "This POS always grinds 2nd gear, I'm getting rid of it." or something similar, compared to "This car has been dependable, fun, and a delight to own. I'm getting rid of it!"?

Right.

Last edited by ImportConvert; 12-08-2010 at 02:57 AM.
ImportConvert is offline   Reply With Quote