View Single Post
Old 12-07-2010, 03:29 PM   #3 (permalink)
SoCal 370Z
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Answers
SoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond repute
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nismoracer View Post
The capacity is 5.2 quarts but you should put 4 quarts then check and add. I put in 5 quarts thinking I had enough room to check and add but had to suck out almost a quart cuz it was too much. The engine is so much quieter now. What do they use from the factory.
Huh? There's something wrong with this picture as you should have easily drained at the very least five (5) quarts—even on your ramps. I use an oil evacuator, and when I remove the oil drain plug (a minuscule amount that consists of several drops is left). refilling with five quarts should have been no problem whatsoever. Did you run your engine and wait 15 minutes to check the oil level before you removed that quart?