View Single Post
Old 12-07-2010, 03:09 PM   #19 (permalink)
theDreamer
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370z
theDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chops View Post
like i said...ive never found arrows terribly helpful. i borrowed a v1 prior to my purchase and while it was a nice feature, as i stated in my above post...if you're driving along and get a Ka hit on the freeway it'll likely be a strong hit if its behind you, and if it doesnt go away within a second of driving at freeway speeds....logic tells you its behind you. you have 2 options - slow down and let it pass, or speed up and drive past it. i dont need arrows to tell me where the radar hit is coming from. id rather use simple logic to determine where the LEO is.

a radar detector is only an aid anyway, therefore any high performing radar detector is all that you need (v1, 9500ix, 8500i...etc). just because you have any of these detectors doesnt mean you're speeding ticket proof. you should know the methods LEO's use as well as how radar detectors function in order to get the best use of them.

i believe the redline has a different sensor on board as well as an additional antenna over the 9500ix
That is not 100% true, in many cities with very wide roads (almost every major city) you can pick up a Ka a mile ahead or behind you. I know this because I have, the arrows tell me where it is. Now of course that does not mean the full story. If behind and not losing signal he is traveling with me, but in front he could be a stationary on the side of the road or traveling in the opposite direction.

Arrows are an added aid to a radar detector, it takes out a simple step a brain can do but the V1 does it faster and 95% accuracy.
theDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote