View Single Post
Old 06-03-2009, 06:06 PM   #14 (permalink)
FricFrac
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370Z 300ZX 280ZX 240
FricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to FricFrac

Forgive my ignorance (here we go...) but my only experience with racing is with 1/10th scale cars. When we corner balance the car we do it with weight distribution not by adjusting the ride height. Its my understanding that adjusting the ride height differently between side/side and front/back is that the car will handle differently if the ride heights are different because of the different geometries created with different heights, springs rates aren't linear, etc.

Another important effect is the turning radius and having the car turn equally in both arcs - will different ride heights/geometries affect the left/right turn arcs?

I'm assuming adding weight to the car to balance it evenly is too difficult or the gained weight is less benificial than the performance gained with the weight removed so adjustment is done with ride height?
FricFrac is offline   Reply With Quote